Open Accounts Online
We understand your time is important.
- $1000 minimum deposit to open
- Interest payment options7
GS Max NOW
GS Max Money Market
- $25 minimum deposit to open
- $100 minimum balance or $3 monthly fee
- Debit Card, Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Mobile Check Deposit and Text Banking3
We got our start in 1923 with a single office in Springfield, Missouri. We've grown a bit since then, and now you'll find us in more than 100 locations in 13 states with $5.6 billion in total assets. Over the years our focus has remained the same: understanding what really matters to our communities.
1. Annual Percentage Yields (APY) and interest rates are current as of 09/22/2022 at 10:00 AM and are subject to change. Variable rate accounts may change after opening. Fees may reduce earnings.
2. There is a $34.00 Overdraft/Paid Item fee each time we pay an overdraft. We will charge you for each item paid up to a maximum of five (5) regardless of the number of overdraft items presented each day. Great Southern offers several options that can assist you in managing your account to reduce the likelihood of having an overdraft. Learn more about overdraft protection.
3. Message and Data rates may apply, check with your wireless carrier for details. Mobile banking is available to existing Online Banking users only.
4. See Bill Pay FAQs for more info.
5. Interest-earning accounts pay a variable tiered-rate of interest based on the daily collected balance. If account is closed prior to posting date, all interest for that time period is forfeited. By regulation, these accounts are limited to six pre-authorized transfers per statement cycle. There is no limit to in-person withdrawals. Opening deposit of $25 required. Transfers available through online, mobile, and phone banking (data rates may apply; see carrier for details). Annual Percentage Yield (APY) effective 09/22/2022 at 10:00 AM and is subject to change. Fees may reduce earnings.
6. Tiered account information.
|$50,000 & above||0.08%|
|$25,000 - $49,999||0.07%|
|$10,000 - $24,999||0.06%|
|$2,500 - $9,999||0.05%|
|$0 - $2,499||0.04%|
7. Annual Percentage Yields (APY) and interest rates are current as of 09/29/2022 at 6:00 AM and are subject to change. Variable rate accounts may change after opening. Fees may reduce earnings. Penalty for early withdrawal.