Text Banking and Alerts
What is Text Banking?
Great Southern Text Banking is a free service which allows you to quickly request and receive account information via text message*. You won't need to sign in and it's just as secure as our other services. In fact one of the great benefits of having Text Banking is that you can be alerted about potential fraudulent transactions occurring on your bank account.
How do I sign up?
- If you haven’t already, enroll in Online Banking .
- Download the most recent Great Southern Mobile Banking App to your smartphone or tablet from.
- Log in to the App with your Great Southern Online Banking ID and password.
- Tap “Text Banking” under the “Messaging” menu.
- Enter your personal information to enroll in text banking.
- You will receive a Text Message saying that you have been enrolled shortly afterwards
- Once you receive the message you are ready to begin using Great Southern Text Banking.
What kinds of alerts are available?
Examples of Push Alerts:
- Daily Balance Alerts – “I’d like to receive my available balance every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 9 am.”
- Monthly Balance Alerts – “I’d like to know my available balance at 5 PM on the 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th of every month.”
- Balance Threshold Alerts – “I’d like to know when my available balance is below $100 or when it is above $1,000” or “I’d like to know when my available balance is below $50.”
- Fee Alerts – “I’d like to know when account XXXX is assessed a bank fee.”
- Transaction Alerts – There are a lot of transaction types. Some examples might be receiving an alert for any transaction over $200, for Debit Card Transactions over $50, or for any ACH or Wire transaction over $1.00. That’s pretty cool.
To what number should I send my commands?
Send all your Text Banking commands to 39257. If you’re not sure what command to use, text HELP to 39257.
What else can Text Banking do?
Text Banking also allows you to have on-demand access to your balance, transfers, and account history without the use of a user ID or password. By using simple text commands, you can perform several functions while on the go. Send your command to 39257 to perform the tasks.
|Commands||What You Will Receive||Details|
|BAL||Returns Your available balance*|| More |
|Returns the last five (5) transactions within the last 90 days.|| More |
| XFER ||Transfer money between your accounts.|| More |
|SUSPEND/STOP|| Deactivates text banking services. |
You will need to re-enroll to reactivate.
|HELP|| Retrieves list of valid commands. || |
*Balance Inquiries may not be available between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m. due to overnight processing.
To un-enroll or suspend your Text Banking, send SUSPEND or STOP to 39257.
How do I stop Text Banking?
Is Text Banking Available for my business?
Text Banking is not currently available for business accounts.
*Web access is needed to use Great Southern Mobile App. Check with your wireless carrier for fees that may apply. Mobile Banking is available to existing online banking users only. All terms applicable to Online Banking apply to mobile banking.