Text Banking and Alerts
You’re probably sending multiple messages every day anyway; why not keep up-to-date with your Great Southern account in real time? Using Text Banking, you can check your account balance, transfer funds, and see your transaction history. You don’t even need to sign in! Bonus: setting the alerts you wish to receive is a great way to help detect and prevent fraud. Let’s keep the emojis to a minimum, though…
How do I get started?
Personal accounts only; Text Banking is not available for business accounts at this time.
- If you haven’t already, enroll in Online Banking .
- Download the most recent Great Southern Mobile Banking App 1 to your smartphone or tablet ( view more app features ).
- Log in to the App with your Great Southern Online Banking ID and password.
- Tap “Text Banking” under the “Messaging” menu.
- Enter your personal information to enroll in text banking.
- You will receive a Text Message saying that you have been enrolled shortly afterwards
- Once you receive the message you are ready to begin using Great Southern Text Banking.
What can Text Banking do?
Text Banking allows you to have on-demand access to your balance, transfers, and account history without the use of a user ID or password. By using simple text commands, you can perform several functions while on the go. Send your command to 39257 to perform the tasks.
|Commands||What You Will Receive||Details|
|BAL||Returns Your available balance*||More
|Returns the last five (5) transactions within the last 90 days.||More
||Transfer money between your accounts.||More
|SUSPEND/STOP||Deactivates text banking services.
You will need to re-enroll to reactivate.
|HELP||Retrieves list of valid commands.
Examples of Alerts:
- Daily Balance Alerts – “I’d like to receive my available balance every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 9 am.”
- Monthly Balance Alerts – “I’d like to know my available balance at 5 PM on the 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th of every month.”
- Balance Threshold Alerts – “I’d like to know when my available balance is below $100 or when it is above $1,000” or “I’d like to know when my available balance is below $50.”
- Fee Alerts – “I’d like to know when account XXXX is assessed a bank fee.”
- Transaction Alerts – There are a lot of transaction types. Some examples might be receiving an alert for any transaction over $200, for Debit Card Transactions over $50, or for any ACH or Wire transaction over $1.00. That’s pretty cool.
- Send all your Text Banking commands to 39257. If you’re not sure what command to use, text HELP to 39257.
- To un-enroll or suspend your Text Banking, send SUSPEND or STOP to 39257.
- Text Banking is not currently available for business accounts.
1 Web access is needed to use the Great Southern Mobile Banking App. Message and Data rates may apply, check with your wireless carrier for details. Mobile Banking is available to existing Online Banking users only. All terms applicable to Online Banking apply to mobile banking.